1. The AARP Journal AARP Magazine, the biggest circulation magazine in the United States, with over 35 million readers, assists adults aged 50 and above in living their most rewarding lives. It focuses on health and wellness issues involving seniors, as well as financial planning and news of interest to those people.
2. National Geographic Kids National Geographic's KIDS magazine is a colorful guide for kids ages 5 to 12. The magazine covers many topics related to science, technology, animals, and history, and contains puzzles, games, and articles that parents can read aloud at home.
3. Smithsonian Journeys Smithsonian Journeys is a quarterly magazine that celebrates the world's cultures, histories, and natural wonders. Each issue includes articles on music, food, design, science, technology, travel, and history curated by some of the world's best writers and photographers.
4. Time Magazine Time Magazine is an American weekly general-interest magazine published in New York City that focuses on current events, politics, business, culture, sports, entertainment, and lifestyle trends.
5. US News & World Report US News & World Report is an annual publication that reports on rankings of colleges, universities, medical centers, and other institutions around the country.
The AARP Magazine has an estimated total readership of more than 54 million people, making it the largest-selling consumer magazine in the United States.
Its target audience is older Americans, but it is also read by many people who know nothing about it other than its name. It features articles on health and wellness, news about technology, money, and sports. In addition, it includes sections on food, travel, cars, music, movies, books, and entertainment. There are also special issues that cover a single topic such as cancer or aging. The magazine's annual budget is $50 million.
It was started in 1986 by David Pogue of The New York Times who wanted to create a magazine that would be appealing to older readers while still being informative and entertaining. He chose this format because he believed it was better suited for deeper topics that could not be covered in a short story or article. At first the AARP didn't have any advertising, but later in 1996 they began placing ads with their circulation numbers showing how much traffic had been generated by these ads.
Currently, the AARP Magazine is available in over 100 countries and in 22 languages.
The Top 8 Circulation Magazines in the United States
In order of circulation, the following is a list of the biggest daily US periodicals.
The World's Top Ten Most Popular Magazines
According to the most recent GfK MRI statistics, AARP People, Better Homes and Gardens, National Geographic, and The Costco Connection round out the top five. These magazines and others like them attract readers not only because of their content but also due to their popular titles and logos. Many people will subscribe to more than one of these magazines hoping that it will make them feel like they are part of a group or community.
The American Magazine Association estimates that its member publications reach 73 million Americans each month. This makes them the most read magazine in the country.
A survey conducted by Research Now shows that people are now reading books for entertainment instead of magazines. This survey also indicated that people prefer fictional stories over factual ones. Books also offer readers a chance to learn more about topics that interest them. Magazines usually focus on only one topic or story line but books can cover many different subjects allowing them to be used as guides rather than complete sources of information.
Books and magazines are not only useful tools for learning more about topics but also fun ways to pass the time. Whether you're sitting at home alone or with a family members, magazines and books can provide some quality time together.
The Top 8 American Magazines
The 50 Best Magazines in the United States 1. Forbes & Company Forbes, arguably the most recognized American business magazine, is read by a wide range of professionals for up-to-date news, particularly in business and finance. Subscribe right now! Bloomberg Businessweek is ranked second. Bloomberg Businessweek keeps up with current events, particularly those concerning business. It features in-depth articles that focus on both the national and international scene. The Wall Street Journal is number three. This newspaper is known for its quality journalism and extensive coverage of business and financial news. Journal subscribers get access to WSJ articles online as well as an electronic copy of the paper delivered to their homes each morning. Number four is National Geographic Magazine. This popular magazine focuses on science, technology, people, history, and nature. It includes photographs, maps, and illustrations that attract readers around the world.
Five is Smithsonian Magazine. This magazine is designed to appeal to readers of all interests, from children to adults. It covers topics ranging from archaeology to astronomy, human evolution to natural history. Six is Time Magazine. First published in 1923, this popular magazine focuses on current affairs, politics, society, entertainment, and sports news. It includes cover stories, roundups, analysis, and opinion pieces written by experts in their fields. Seven is Atlantic Monthly. Founded in 1857, this famous literary magazine publishes essays, poems, and short stories in addition to running interviews and articles related to current affairs. Eight is National Geographic Traveler.