1. "Being honest may not get you many friends, but it will always bring you the right ones." —John Lennon 2: "One of the benefits of having old friends is that you can afford to be dumb with them." Emerson, Ralph Waldo. "Be faithful to your work, your word, and your buddy," says number three. Thoreau, Henry David.
3. "Being honest means being true to yourself and your friends. It means knowing what you want and going after it, even if it hurts sometimes. It means being willing to admit when you're wrong and learning from other people's mistakes." —Miley Cyrus
4. "Honesty is the first quality that attracts me in a person. I have to trust you. I hope you are who you say you are. I think that's why some people enjoy being dishonest, because it allows them to go around trusting everyone else." —Jody Williams
5. "I think honesty is the most important quality in a friend. You should be able to tell someone whatever you want to tell them without worrying about them telling others. That shows they are someone you can trust." —Madonna Grimes
6. "Honesty is the best policy! Who wants to be stuck with a liar? No one! So before you speak, think about how what you're about to say will affect those you're talking to, because they'll never know what you really think of them.
True friendship may provide access to true knowledge. It is not based on darkness or ignorance. Thoreau, Henry David (more Henry David Thoreau quotes). A true friend is one who enters while the rest of the world leaves.
Whether you bond over your sense of humor, your work-life, your family, or anything in between, it might be difficult to put into words what your BFF means to you. The 101 best friend quotes below will remind you how wonderful it is to have such a wonderful friendship—and what it's like to be that best friend to someone else.
Being great means being misunderstood.
Explore and Share Famous Moral Quotes by Authors, Poets, Writers, and Others. Enjoy These Moral Quotes Images and Share Them With Your Friends, Relatives, and Loved Ones On Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Gmail, Instagram, and Other Social Media Platforms. No one would choose to live if he didn't have friends, even if he had everything else. Without friends, what would be the point of living?
Moral quotes are some of the most inspiring and thought-provoking phrases in existence and come from all kinds of people - philosophers, poets, scientists, activists, and more. Here are 10 of our favorite quotes that will help you reflect on what's important in life and give you hope when you need it most.
The world is full of suffering. It is also full of people who want to do good. If you look closely, you will see that everyone has a plan to help others. Even if their plans are small, they are still plans. There are many ways to help others, but only one that actually works: love.
In times of uncertainty or distress, we often feel like giving up. Life is full of challenges, but if we try hard enough we can overcome them. Everything may not be perfect, but there is always something you can do to make things better. Sometimes all you need is a little push from someone who believes in you.
In friendship, honesty is essential so that our friends trust what we say. If we are recognized to be truthful in all aspects of our lives, our friends will believe us when we tell them something. No one respects us if we are known to be dishonest even once. To summarize, honesty is necessary for success in all areas of our lives. Without it, no real friendship can exist.
The motivating stoic quotes that follow will impart tactics and thoughts on restraint, mindfulness, and humility. Also, check out these 48 inspirational Laws of Power quotes to help you succeed.
4 of the World's Most Influential Quotes, Revised for Today
"Honest truth" When someone asserts that something is the "honest truth," they are attempting to appear extra-sincere about it. In fact, appearing honest is very important in order to be successful in business.
The first thing you need to understand about honesty is that it isn't always as easy or simple as it seems. For example: if you tell a lie in order to protect someone's feelings, this is considered honest behavior. Even though you knew that they would find out eventually, you lied to them instead. This shows that you had good intentions even though your method was not perfect.
Another example: let's say you work for a company and they ask you to do something illegal. You could decide to tell them what they asked you to do was wrong even though you weren't exactly sure yourself. This is also considered honest behavior because you were trying to protect their interests. Even though you knew that you might get fired for telling the truth, you still did it.
Finally, imagine how bad things would have to be for you to lie. If you were afraid that something terrible would happen if you didn't come up with a story, then lying is the right choice to make.